How to become a US lawyer?
- Choose a particular state (among the 50 states of US) where you want to become a lawyer
- Pass the Bar Exam administered by that particular state
Which state should I choose?
I recommend New York, because:
- New York is the largest international financial hub, providing exceptional career prospects
- US Biglaw firms offer extremely lucrative salary to New York lawyer – even junior lawyer earns much more than USD$200,000 a year
- New York lawyers are globally competitive – almost all foreign jurisdictions over the world need New York lawyer for cross-border work
Ｗho administers the New York Bar Exam?
- New York State Court is the ultimate authority to decide if a person can become a New York lawyer
- New York State Court delegates the administration of Bar Exam to another entity, namely “New York State Board of Law Examiners”